Sunday, October 6, 2013

Basil & Lemon Cocktail


It is summer here in San Francisco and I finally purchased these beautiful coupes that I've had my eye on for a while, so a nice refreshing cocktail was a necessary addition to my Saturday afternoon.  I made this cocktail up, although it likely exists out there somewhere.  I always play with different additions and proportions, so feel free to do the same.  Below is (approximately) what I used.

Basil & Lemon Cocktail

1 1/2 ounces vodka
1 ounce St. Germain
juice of 1/2 lemon (or more if you prefer)
3-4 basil leaves

Add the lemon juice and basil leaves to a cocktail shaker; muddle.  Fill with ice and add the vodka and St. Germain. Shake very well. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with basil & enjoy!
Optional: if you want to top the cocktail off with something else, consider using a splash of soda water, ginger beer, champagne, or a light, crisp white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment