Monday, February 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie ::




This is a great basic chocolate chip cookie recipe that I use all the time. I often bake a couple dozen and store them in the freezer so I have them on hand for any occasion that comes up. If packaged correctly, they will store perfectly in the freezer for weeks. Enjoy!

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (sometimes I add a bit more)
dash of cinnamon, if desired
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
12-16 ounces chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate)

Wisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until combined. Slowly beat in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375 until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment